Welcome back! How was your weekend? We had two really lovely days of sunshine. The trees are starting to pop out leaves, and the view from our windows is much greener than last week. April is coming.
|This isn't digitally edited, my phone just can't handle spring.|
I've always loved the idea of April Fool's Day, and always hated the execution. This is an especially poor time to pull mean-spirited pranks for your own amusement, but I don't think we have to forgo the holiday entirely this year. I think we're all desperate for something lighthearted, and it's possible to make a good practical joke that isn't cruel.
So, that's your Banana Bella contessignment today. I want you to come up with an April Fool's prank that is both surprising and kind. Your contessignment on Wednesday, April Fool's, is to do it. Send photos, or otherwise describe what you did, and I'll give you two contest entries.
If you're blanking on ideas, here are a couple:
1. Hide nice notes, paper hearts or smiley faces, in unexpected places around your home.
2. Put big googly eyes, or a funny face on your window or front door for passersby.
3. Surprise someone with a "popsicle stick" joke through email, voicemail, social (apps), chalk writing in front of your house, etc. Click HERE for a list of kid-friendly jokes.
4. Pull some good, edible food pranks. My sister is great at making cake look like dinner, and dinner look like cake. Google has a lot of fun ideas.
5. Toilet paper and egg someone by dropping off a box with toilet paper (or tissues or whatever), eggs (chocolate, plastic with toys, or the kind from chickens), and any other nice little things you think they might like or use. I'm talking about a care package, okay? It's a care package. Leave them a surprise care package. Obviously don't do this if it's going to be a health risk to you or them. That would not be a kind prank for either of you.
|I'm going to take it real easy this year, and make jello in my kid's old Play-Doh cups.|
It's going to blow his little mind. I'm not sure if he's ever had jello before.
This list is non-exhaustive, and there's no reason you couldn't do them on a day that's not April Fool's. If you're not able to get this contessignment done by Wednesday the 1st, do it when you can, and let me know...preferably before the contest ends, which is yet TBD.