It's been a while since we've told you about everyday life, so let's have another "Lately." We'll start by updating you on the Christmas Card Challenge, which has been humming along nicely since our interference (See: HERE).
|It's delightful to wake up in the morning, and see a bunch of your cards on the floor.|
Yesterday, we received another Christmas card. It managed to evade the post office for six months. For fairness sake, it's probably too late to include it in the Challenge. What a bummer. An unintentional June Christmas card is a real feat.
Here's what's been going on lately, broken down by category, and in no particular order.
Events We've Celebrated:
- The Kid's birthday.
- My birthday.
- Finally finding something to give Phil for his birthday (which is upcoming).
- Our anniversary.
|Phil gave me this German gummy hamburger as an anniversary present. I hid it on a high shelf, and just remembered that it's still up there. I pulled it down, and took a bite out of it. Now I want a meat hamburger.|
Food We've Eaten:
|I have a hard time describing this fruit. It's very, very good. It's both sweet and tart. It's sort of a grapey mango nectarine texture.|
- Snickers Oats
- Thai donuts
- Pad See Ew (or phat-si-io, or pad siew, or ผัดซีอิ๊ว)
|I purchased this from a place that was listed in the New York Times as one of the best places for street food in Bangkok. Three different people sent me the link. I felt obligated, but it was in the New York Times for a reason. Yum.|
- Disappointing Watermelon Popsicle
|I was so full of hope when Phil took this photo. I thought it was going to be exactly like the Pirulo popsicles I loved in Greece. This was much, much sweeter. Sad.|
Things We Saw:
- A pretty place to walk
|There's a path between Benjakitti Park and Lumphini Park. There's a lot to see on either side. This mosque was to our left.|
- An extremely accessible and active construction site
|The Kid would really want me to show you this. That's the Golden Mount (Wat Saket) in the background. I have more photos of that, for another day.|
- Big, lounging monitor lizard
- New money
- A really expensive Bangkok sky bar
|That blue thing dangling above the trees is Dinner in the Sky. It's a popular thing in a lot of cities. They feed you nice food while you're strapped into a rollercoaster-like chair, and suspended on a platform by a crane.|
- Songkran (Thai New Year)
Things We Did:
- Went to Lumphini Park (not pictured yet)
- Went to the Grand Palace (not pictured...yet)
- Found a wonderful bakery (not pictured, okay?)
- Visited Golden Mountain (not pictured/get off my back)
- Went to a national park (" ")
- Traveled to Phuket and Khao Lak (" ")
- Family-wide haircuts
- Garden rescue
|Look at these poor suffering creatures. They've been doing exponentially better, though the aphids have hit them again hard this past week. Stupid aphids.|
Weather We Watched:
- This is just a way to justify my extensive collection of cloud pictures.
She's still neurotic and thriving.
More later, as always, in perpetuity.